Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Search results

1-10 results from 673 for query «squash»

September 19, 2018 12:00 AM Tayyab moves into HKFC International’s second round

KARACHI: Pakistan’s top squash player Tayyab Aslam moved into the second round of the $28,000 HKFC International at Hong Kong Football Club, Happy Valley, Hong Kong. Tayyab defeated Robert Downer of England 11-8, 11-8, 7-11, 8-11, 11-6 in 62 minutes in the first round on Tuesday. He will face seventh seed George Parker of England in the second round 3

September 15, 2018 12:00 AM Youssef wins Chief of Air Staff squash championship

KARACHI: Egypt’s Youssef Soliman won the Chief of the Air Staff International men’s squash championship in Islamabad on Friday. World No 48 and fifth seed Youssef from Egypt stunned World No 20 and top seed Leo Au from Hong Kong 11-13, 11-13, 11-7, 11-6, 11-6 in the 76-minute final. Vice Chief of the Air Staff Air Marshal Arshad Mehmood was the chief 2

September 14, 2018 12:00 AM Tayyab falls in CAS International squash semi-final

KARACHI: Pakistan’s Tayyab Aslam lost in the semi-finals of the $30,000 Chief of the Air Staff International men’s squash championship in Islamabad on Thursday.World No 20 and top seed Leo Au from Hong Kong thrashed world No 95 Tayyab 11-9, 11-2, 11-5 in the first semi-final.The second semi-final was played between world No 41 Nafizwan Adnan from Malaysia 1

September 14, 2018 12:00 AM 15 foreign players to feature in Punjab International Squash

KARACHI: As many as 15 foreign players will participate in the $20,000 Punjab International Squash Championship for men and women, scheduled to be held in Lahore from October 13-17. According to entries, Malaysia’s Ivan Yuen is top seed while Mazen Gamal from Egypt is the second seed. Third seed player is Auguste Dussourd from France, fourth seed is Pakistan’s 1

September 13, 2018 12:00 AM Tayyab storms into CAS International squash c’ship semis

KARACHI: Pakistan’s Tayyab Aslam cruised into the semi-finals of $30,000 Chief of the Air Staff International men’s squash championship on Wednesday in Islamabad. In the quarter-final, Tayyab overpowered Asim Khan 11-3, 10-12, 14-16, 11-5, 11-9 in 85 minutes. Meanwhile, top seed Leo Au from Hong Kong defeated eighth seed Mazen Gamal from Egypt 11-8, 11-7, 11-6 in 42 minutes

September 13, 2018 12:00 AM Jansher wants govt to give more funds for squash

KARACHI: Former world champion Jansher Khan has demanded that the government increase the funds it provides for squash development. In a statement on Wednesday, he said that the 30 percent funds provided to squash by the government are insufficient. “The remaining 70 percent is provided by Pakistan Air Force, which is a proof of special interest and inclination

September 11, 2018 12:00 AM Atlas makes exit as CAS Int’l Squash begins

ISLAMABAD: Aamir Atlas Khan looked a shadow of his past while teenager Abbas Zeb gave a dazzling display of his abilities before losing in a five-game thriller in the $ 30,000 Serena Chief of Air Staff (CAS) Squash Championship that began with the main round at the Mushaf Ali Complex Monday. Aamir though had all shots in his armory lost the battle against

September 11, 2018 12:00 AM Ahsan stuns Amir in Chief of Air Staff squash

KARACHI: Youngster Ahsan Ayaz stunned seasoned Amir Atlas in the first round of the $30,000 Chief of the Air Staff International men’s squash championship in Islamabad on Monday. Ahsan beat wildcard holder Aamir Atlas Khan 11-5, 11-6, 6-9 (retired) in 24 minutes in the first round of the main draw. Ivan Yuen from Malaysia defeated unseeded Sajad Zareian

September 9, 2018 11:10 AM Arif Alvi takes oath as 13th President of Pakistan

ISLAMABAD: Dr Arif Alvi of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf on Sunday took oath as 13th President of Pakistan in a simple and dignified ceremony here at the President House. The Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, administered the oath to him. Prime Minister Imran Khan, outgoing president Mamnoon Hussain, Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani, Speaker

September 9, 2018 12:00 AM Mamnoon completes term as president, Alvi takes oath today

ISLAMABAD: Mamnoon Hussain completes his five-year tenure as the president of Pakistan on Saturday. At a special ceremony, he was given a farewell guard of honour by a smartly turned out contingent of the armed forces. The outgoing president also inspected the guard of honour. The outgoing president also held a farewell meeting with the staff of the Presidency