Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Search results

1-10 results from 1000 for query «files»

September 16, 2018 12:00 AM Woman files case of ‘marital rape’ against husband

MULTAN: A woman has filed a case against her husband for ‘marital rape’. The case has been filed under Section 377 of Pakistan Penal Code, which involves commission of ‘unnatural offences’ of carnal nature against a man, woman or an animal. If convicted, her husband who had married her around four months ago may be sentenced to two to 10-year jail. She filed 5

September 8, 2018 2:34 PM Jibran Nasir files nomination papers from PS-111 for upcoming by-polls

KARACHI: Human Rights activist Jibran Nasir on Saturday filed nomination papers for the upcoming by-elections scheduled to be held nationwide on September 14. Jibran, who started his political journey in 2013 as an independent candidate, is contesting from PS-111 (Karachi South 5). “Filed Nomination Papers for #PS111 by-elections. Will carry on our struggle 5

September 6, 2018 6:57 PM 18-year-old girl files petition in Court to remove her father’s name from certificates

ISLAMABAD: A 18-year-old Pakistani girl has filed a petition in the Supreme Court to remove her father’s name from birth certificate and other related official documents. In the petition filed, the girl prays, “If parents can disown children, why can’t children do so?” A three-member bench, headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar and comprising 3

September 6, 2018 4:57 PM NAB files reference against ex-premier Yousuf Raza Gilani

RAWALPINDI: National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Thursday filed a corruption reference against former Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani and others for allegedly misusing their authority in an illegal publicity campaign which caused millions of rupees loss to national exchequer. The other accused persons are former Secretary Ministry ofInformation 9

July 9, 2018 12:00 AM Mohmand district administration files first FIR

PESHAWAR: The first First Information Report (FIR) was lodged in Mohmand tribal district under the Fata Interim Governance Regulation 2018, the other day. After merger of Fata with KP, Mohmand district administration filed its first FIR under the Fata Interim Governance Regulation 2018. "The FIR was lodged against one Malik Sultan for murder as well as threatening 4

June 20, 2018 7:36 AM NA-53: Imran Khan files appeal against rejection of nomination paper

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chairman Imran Khan on Wednesday filed an appeal in Appellate Tribunal against the Returning Officer's decision to reject his nomination papers from NA-53 for the Genera Election 2018. Filed through his lawyer Babar Awan, the application stated that the RO's decision contradics the Constitution. It said Imran Khan is chairman 17

May 10, 2018 12:00 AM NAB files reference against ex-chairman of Wapda Tariq Hameed, others

ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau Rawalpindi on Wednesday filed reference against ex-Chairman Wapda Tariq Hammed and others (150MW-Sharaqpur RPP) in Accountability Court Islamabad. As per details, ex-Chairman Wapda Tariq Hammed, ex-Member Power Wapda M Anwar Khalid, ex-Member Finance Wapda Imtiaz Anjum, ex-Member Wapda M Mushtaq Chaudhary 5

April 22, 2018 12:00 AM FBR mulls increase in penalty on non-filers

KARACHI: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) is mulling an increase in penalty on non-filers of returns to 0.2 percent of the payable tax from the next fiscal year as against the existing 0.1 percent, officials said on Saturday. “The increase in penalty is under consideration especially in the wake of tax exemption for salaried and business individuals 15

April 4, 2018 12:00 AM Kohat D&SJ files reference against CJ

PESHAWAR: Levelling charges of misconduct against Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Saqib Nisar, District and Sessions Judge Kohat has filed a 19-page reference against him pleading the Supreme Judicial Council to take notice of the matter. When contacted by The News, District and Sessions Judge Kohat Ahmad Sultan Tareen confirmed he had filed a reference 9

February 15, 2018 12:00 AM Billion Tree Tsunami: KP govt admits 60pc saplings new, self-growing

PESHAWAR: In complete contrast to the claims made by Imran Khan, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government yet again admitted that the 60 per cent of the saplings under the Billion Tree Tsunami were new and self-growing [self-seeding] and the remaining 40 per cent had been procured for plantation and free distribution. The project was praised around the world 10