Nov 22, 2013 06:00 PM EST | By Luke Caulfield (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Like I'm sure so many of you have, if you're passing on the next-gen consoles for the time being, worry not, because Rockstar has you covered. Now that the Beach Bum DLC is ready to go on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Grand Theft Auto V, the developer is taking this weekend to celebrate the new content by playing host to a new event for GTA Online social club: the Vespucci Beach Party.
Throw on the shorts and hit the coast, because the hot sand will stave off the cold November chill. Until the shoreline runs red with the blood of your enemies that is. Red or dead, there's a host of new content, missions, and jobs to keep players busy for the next 72 hours, like sea races, deathmatches, and more. Even those of you who'd rather just walk around can get crate drops full of special weapons, cash, and clothes.
- View of Vespucci (Parachute) - Show some Vespucci beach bums the true meaning of 'spaced out' with this steep parachute descent from 2980ft. See how many checkpoints you can hit before opening your 'chute.
- Up the Creek (Bike Race) - Dirt bike point to point going along Cassidy Creek and ending at the Alamo Sea. Shred from gravel and pavement to the beachfront and try to trump the rest for fame and fortune.
- Water Rings (Sea Race) - A challenging and scenic boat race weaving around the islands North of Paleto Bay. Tip: Look out for a ramp to help you get one over on your competitors.
- Vespucci Beachfront (Team Deathmatch) - Stop the gentrification of Vespucci Beach dead in its tracks with this Team Deathmatch around and on top of the businesses along the beachfront.
- Grass Route II (Race) - In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- Sundae Driving (Bike Race) - Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
- Procopio Beach (Team Deathmatch) - Home to an infamous truck stop, Procopio Beach has long been known as a place where people come to blow off steam, and this Team Deathmatch along the shoreline at the foot of Mt. Gordo is no exception.
- Gone Coastal (Sea Race) - Hug the coastline, pull off some breakneck turns and leap over treacherous rocks and islets in this rough race that starts in the LS River and takes you through the Palomino Highlands on the East Coast.
- Turn the Tide (Race) - In this off road Race along the coast, up to sixteen speed demons leg it out across Procopio Beach and the North coast down through Paleto State Beach to Paleto Cove.
- The Cove (Parachute) - Enjoy the stunning vistas as you rapidly descend towards Paleto Cove by Mount Chiliad... but not so much that you forget to open your chute. Prepare for a long free fall from 7500ft, weaving and diving between checkpoints and the drop zone.
Enjoy it while you can, the event comes to a close this Sunday, November 22.